Dr. William F. Tucker, Jr.
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship Trained in Adult Joint Reconstruction
Dr. Tucker is a Dallas native who specializes in minimally/lesser invasive hip and knee replacement. Our goal is to return patients to their normal lifestyle and routines as quickly and safely as possible. We utilize the most advanced surgical techniques and implants to facilitate your recovery. Direct anterior total hip replacement which replaces the hip without detachment of muscles from the bones allows a more rapid recovery than standard hip replacement techniques. Direct anterior hip replacement is an option in patients who are not overweight. Likewise, quadriceps sparing total knee replacement allows a significantly quicker recovery following surgery than standard knee replacement techniques.
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Medical: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Internship: UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Adult Joint Reconstruction Fellowship: Rush Presbyterian – St. Luke's Hospital, Chicago, IL