Dr. William F. Tucker, Jr.
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship Trained in Adult Joint Reconstruction
Dr. Tucker, the President of the Medical Staff at Methodist Hospital for Surgery, is a Dallas native who specializes in minimally/lesser invasive hip and knee replacement. The goal of his entire team is to return patients to their normal lifestyle and routines as quickly and safely as possible. We utilize the most advanced surgical techniques and implants to facilitate your recovery.
Direct anterior total hip replacement, which replaces the hip without detachment of muscles from the bones allows a more rapid recovery than standard hip replacement techniques. Direct anterior hip replacement is an option in most patients.
Quadriceps sparing total knee replacement allows quicker recovery following surgery than standard knee replacement techniques. We utilize this approach combined with robotic-assisted, computer navigation to align and balance the replaced the knee. This “anatomic GPS system” facilitates quicker recovery and a more natural feeling knee.
If you are interested in having your knee or hip replaced with us, please schedule an appointment with our office. There are medical and insurance requirements which need to be met before you can proceed with surgery. Please watch the video on our site regarding your surgery which addresses many of these requirements. You can also view and download our “Preoperative Teaching” booklets from our site before your visit.
Patient Guides & Video
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Medical: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Internship: UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- Adult Joint Reconstruction Fellowship: Rush Presbyterian – St. Luke's Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas
- Methodist Hospital for Surgery
- Corin Group Orthopaedics: Consultant